Who we are?
Verifile is an award-winning leading provider of CV comparison and background screening services using innovative technology and methodology. We carry out background checks on candidates to enable our clients to make informed and long-term rewarding recruitment decisions.
As a Verifications Officer you’ll be obtaining and recording accurate employment, education and character references for our client’s candidates who are undergoing Verifile’s pre-employment screening process. You’ll take pride in using your investigative skills to follow up reference requests and conduct reference interviews within tight timescales, ensuring that our clients have all the information they need to make an informed decision.
About the role:
- Responsible for speaking to a diverse range of referees on a global scale to obtain professional and character references for candidates.
- Ensure that all reference requests previously mailed to employment, education and character referees are followed up or chased to minimise time taken to obtain a response.
- You’ll analyse completed candidate references in order to identify any missing or ambiguous information, and request clarification from referees accordingly.
The must haves:
- Previous experience of working within a Customer Service, Call-centre, sales or retail environment
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Confident in liaising over the phone
- Curious, proactive, and able to think on your feet. You’ll need an analytical approach to identify gaps and discrepancies in information provided.
- Able to trouble shoot, think outside of the box, use your initiative to solve problems – it’s a bit like detective work!
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, working across multiple requirements at any one time and handling high volumes of data
- Minimum of 3 GCSE’s (including Maths and English at Grade C), or equivalent
If you are fluent in a second language that would be excellent, but it is not a must!
We’d also love you to:
Ensure that the company values are reflected in your own work and behaviour: Leadership, Partner Human, Relentless and Flexible
What’s in it for you:
Every member of our team at Verifile is valued, which is why we support their wellbeing fully with a range of benefits to help them thrive both inside and outside of work. Grouped around four priorities – health, time, finances, and community, we don’t have enough space to list them all, but it does include Holiday Trading, retail discounts, Life assurance, medical services, wellness programmes, fitness classes, gym discounts and much more!
Please apply directly through the link attached and our recruitment team will be in touch.
** All our employees will be required to undergo background screening to BS7858 standards. **
Be Yourself: and respected. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and we truly believe that diversity drives creativity and innovation. Join our community and help us make the World a more honest and safe place to work. We’re building a place where everyone feels comfortable and is empowered to bring their individuality to work. A place where everyone feels safe to share their experience and know that their individual voice will be heard, valued